Growth Numbers for the Microdistillery Movement

Hello Everybody, Just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction to get some numbers on the Microdistillery Boom. I know that the number of Microdistilleries has doubled within the last couple of years, but how are they doing? What kind of market share do the Microdistilleries have? I have looked at some of the numbers that DISCUS has and it seems that they just have numbers for premium and super-premium brands. What percentage of these catagories do the small producers have?

Cheers,

Jason

• 2 years later...

2+ years later... anybody know where *I* might find these numbers, and statistics on the microdistilling movement / industry (maybe including production numbers)?

I'd love to find something like this, for distilling / microdistilling: http://www.brewersassociation.org/attachments/0000/5674/totalbreweries2010_download.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Hello Everybody, Just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction to get some numbers on the Microdistillery Boom. I know that the number of Microdistilleries has doubled within the last couple of years, but how are they doing? What kind of market share do the Microdistilleries have? I have looked at some of the numbers that DISCUS has and it seems that they just have numbers for premium and super-premium brands. What percentage of these catagories do the small producers have?

Cheers,

Jason