Jump to content

Washington state craft distillery question


Recommended Posts

Rum and agave are products that a person holding a craft license cannot make. You must be licensed as a distiller to make those products. The fee jumps from $100 to $2000. That is the folly of linking craft distilling to agricultural activities, but it is the price paid, I guess, for getting legislators to sign on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My answer is correct, but how do you know that? Why trust me? I don't work or speak for the WSLCB.

Seriously, the best advice I can give you is "Call them with questions like this." Don't rely on forum answers, especially when the answer given doesn't cite an authoritative source. I should have said that when I wrote my response. I didn't and that's shame on me.

Good luck. If you want to make rum, buy the more expensive license and do it. You lose no sales/distribution privileges and gain a lot of flexibility with sourcing. But don't believe that. Call Olympia. That's what I do when I have a question.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...