Denver and Colorado Springs

Hi Folks,

I'm heading out west to Colorado for a family vacation and was hoping to stop by a couple distilleries for a tour. It will be a family vacation, so I won't be able to take up too much time. I was hoping for some help on where to go. We are flying into Denver and driving/staying in Colorado Springs. I've got a few hours to kill in Denver, so we were hoping to swing by a distillery near a nice lunch spot. Any suggestions?

I'll have the possibility of a more in depth tour in Colorado Springs, as I might be able to get out with the brother in law.

Thanks for your help. Hope to see some of you soon.

Todd

Hey Todd!

If at all possible, make time to swing by and see Todd's new digs at Leopold Bros. Absolutely beautiful - they're even floor malting now. And of course, you'll have to swing by the old stomping grounds and see what Mitch has done to the place. ;)

Since I was down south last summer pestering you, I've steadily inched towards the dream... Actually pitching my plan to the Elizabeth city council next week. Assuming they're amicable, I plan to break ground this summer.

Hope you have an awesome vacation!

I'd love to visit Todd at Leopold Bros. I had heard they don't offer tours. How about it Todd? Congrats on moving forward with "the Dream." I haven't personally been to Downslope, you must have met my partner, Johnny. Maybe I will try to swing by. It looks like it might be on the way to Colorado Springs.

Thanks for the advice.

Todd

Since you'll be down in the springs for a while... Definitely check out Distillery 291. If you've got the time and family buy-in... I'd highly recommend taking a filed trip a little west of where you're staying (60-90 min drive). On the distillery side of things, you've got Woods High Mountain Distillery in Salida, and 20 mins up the road in Buena Vista you can come check us out. For your family out this way... you can hit up the Royal Gorge Bridge, epic whitewater rafting (if you're visit coincides with our peak runoff), hotsprings, hiking, etc.

Hit me up if you are interested in coming out this way and need any further details on stuff to see/do.

Doh, you're absolutely right, it was Johnny! Brain fart as he's got family in the area too so I just equated CO trip with him. Lenny's got some great advice there for a day trip out of CSprings - Wood's and Boathouse in Salida and he's just up the road from there. Awesome scenery too.