Heating Options for 80 gallon Still

blueridgedreamin

Dehner,

Its more than just the elements. You have to use the appropriate wire, SSRs, bus bars, breakers, fuses and process control modules etc for the particular voltage The glacier tank elements are not UL listed so I would never use those. I have plenty of stainless pipe now from 1/2" up to 12" if you ever need anymore. Plus we have every triclamp part imaginable at better prices than glacier.

Yes that is a given. Everything has to be matched. I would hope everyone putting a system together would think about that stuff first. But it takes all kinds.

If you have the steam source, we advise you using the steam heating way, if you using the electric heating, we advise you using 2pcs of 4KW heating elements, 4KW heating elements size around:L350mm,1''NPT Male port,we will send female with the fast assembly port to connect the pot.(Sorry for late checking, hope helpful for you) :mellow:

I am planning a new distillery and trying to find out options. I'm looking at starting up with 80 gallon stills and want some help with how to heat them. Does anyone have options for heat sources for a still of that size?

Copper pot still 80 gallon.

Don

Hi Don

you should take a look at my post in equipment the post reads 220 still starting up with such a small still after what you have to go thru to open