Jump to content

Electric Class & Division for Craft Distillery


Recommended Posts

Your architect or engineer and local authority should be telling you what is expected. However generally speaking Alcohol vapor would be Class I for explosive vapors, group D for ethanol, and depending on how your equipment is setup and your authority, it would be either Division 1 for always present or Division 2 present sometimes or in the event of a failure. For grain or milling, you would be looking at Class II for explosive dusts, group G for Flour. Same 1 for always present or 2 for in the event of a failure.

See this document for explanation: http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/wp/800-wp003_-en-p.pdf

Also try to get your hands on the DISCUS fire safety document.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...