BRAND NEW STATE OF THE ART VENDOME STILL FOR SALE, NO WAITING !

2 hours ago, Bolverk said:

I gotcha,  thanks that makes sense.

I think I was saying the same thing in a stupider way... We're on the same page.

I appreciate the clarification!

I see this a lot with people just starting to wrap their heads around columns they usually get snagged up thinking it in reverse because it is in reverse for volatilization, but not for "condensation". To volatilize we build up in heat through the run and low bp volatiles come out first. in "condensation" we go backwards as we cool from boiling point (condenser isn't all one temp right?) and lowers remain volatile last.

8 minutes ago, SlickFloss said:

I see this a lot with people just starting to wrap their heads around columns they usually get snagged up thinking it in reverse because it is in reverse for volatilization, but not for "condensation". To volatilize we build up in heat through the run and low bp volatiles come out first. in "condensation" we go backwards as we cool from boiling point (condenser isn't all one temp right?) and lowers remain volatile last.

That's a really good way to put it. We're not talking 100% pure anything, so there are gradients and by managing temps you're able to tune for those desirable ones.