Handling Hydrogen Peroxide - BE CAREFUL

Someone posted this on FB. Seriously be careful with this stuff. Website posted has info on it. If you google "handling and storage of hydrogen peroxide" you'll see a bunch of PDFs. Even at 3% it still can be dangerous. Most of us looking at getting it are looking at the 32%-35% concentrations. 

https://www.using-hydrogen-peroxide.com/Concentrations-of-hydrogen-peroxide.html

• Thumbs up 1

It's not nice stuff, but that website gets a bit dramatic. It is easy enough to handle with proper precautions. The main precaution I drum into my staff is to keep organic substances away from it. Paper can (and has in my lab) spontaneously combust after contact with 15% H2O2. This also applies to the disposal of hand protection - ensure a separate bin is available for H2O2 waste items.

The one thing I couldn't find is what type of containers are safe with it. I bought a 55g drum of 35% to share with other local distillers to make sanitizer. I plan on diluting it down to 3% for them. Is a regular plastic bucket ok or do I need to use metal or specific type of plastic?

I agree that site is a bit cheesy/dramatic, but it's all I could find.