Gin baskets location on vapor path

Geoman

Gin basket location, best equipment   

I’m asking about the advantage and disadvantage of two different gin baskets designs. 

One is a gin basket that is designed to be stand alone with drain/return line to the still boiler.  The other is a gin basket that is located on top of the actual still column, in which case condensates from the basket will fall back to the still through the column itself.  Any one has experience with ether or and can give their feedback on which design is better?

Cheers

On 3/26/2020 at 7:25 AM, Southernhighlander said:

There is also the option of macerating in the pot.  The best option depends a lot on whether it is going to be a dedicated gin still or a multi purpose still.  However in my opinion, a stand alone gin basket close to the final condenser is the best option.

Thanks Paul,

Is this an option we can have with your line of equipment?  Also, lets say I buy a 200 gallons still and plan on macerating the botanical at first.  however, after some time I decide that is is best if I move into stand alone basket, can it be added?

1 hour ago, Geoman said:

Thanks Paul,

Is this an option we can have with your line of equipment?  Also, lets say I buy a 200 gallons still and plan on macerating the botanical at first.  however, after some time I decide that is is best if I move into stand alone basket, can it be added?

Yes, and yes.

paul@distillery-equipment.com