call from DOT supposedly

Anyone else get a call from the supposed Dept of Transportation, some yahoo that didn't even know his main office phone number?

He's going on about me supplying him with information about my production of hand sanitizer, and SDS, and other stuff.

I hung up on him after he made a bunch of excuses for not knowing his own offices phone number.

I told him I don't transport anything so goodbye.

Oh and he said even though he could get my phone number, he couldn't get my email address from my website or elsewhere "because my site is unsecure and he's using a vpn".  What a dufus.

Yes I spoke with a DOT representative who later followed up with an email to thank me for our discussion.  They are basically trying to get the word out that the DOT has lifted shipping restrictions (flammable liquid) for hand sanitizer (btw, the USPS is now delivering hand sanitizer which is way cheaper than FedEx).

2 hours ago, Beach Time said:

Yes I spoke with a DOT representative who later followed up with an email to thank me for our discussion.  They are basically trying to get the word out that the DOT has lifted shipping restrictions (flammable liquid) for hand sanitizer (btw, the USPS is now delivering hand sanitizer which is way cheaper than FedEx).

Fedex told me it was considered dangerous goods and I would need to qualify to ship it.

Please provide the info from USPS that it is ok to ship 80% ABV hand sanitizer.  That would be very good.

1 hour ago, daveflintstone said:

Fedex told me it was considered dangerous goods and I would need to qualify to ship it.

Please provide the info from USPS that it is ok to ship 80% ABV hand sanitizer.  That would be very good.

Yep, I applied to FedEx over 3 weeks ago to ship and have yet to receive any response which was supposed to be 5-8 business days (a week ago).  USPS was 1/2 the price so go with them...