Problems with TTB formula site

pndTom

Haven't been able to log into the formula page since last Friday. Keep getting the following message "ttbonline.gov redirected you too many times."  Have tried all of the known fixes for that problem and tried logging in on multiple computers so it seems like it may be on their end.  Wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem?  Have an inquiry into the TTB but haven't yet heard back.  COLA page is not a problem.

Update - TTB sent me this:

Dear Industry Member,

TTB is aware of an ongoing issue with a small number of users unable to connect to ttbonline.gov (including COLAS, Formulas, and Permits Online) using IPv6 protocol with some Internet Service Providers (ISPs). TTB has fully investigated and confirmed this is not an issue with TTB applications or network. Please contact your ISP to report this issue for them to resolve. Users have been able to resolve this issue by switching internet providers (e.g. using hotspot or phone) or by using IPv4 only and disabling IPv6.

Thanks,

TTB Help Desk

This has become very frustrating.  It's been 10 days and no solutions to this issue.  None of the TTB recommended fixes have worked.  Doesn't matter what ISP is used or where I attempt to login from, I get the same "too many redirects" message.  And now I can't get a response from them.  In the meantime, I've got products I'm waiting to release and can't look up the formulas to reference on the COLA application.

• 1 month later...

Hey, Tom,

I'm wondering if you found a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem and received the same response from the TTB. I've tried logging in from 3 different devices with two different internet providers and a hotspot, and the ISP is clearly not the issue. 

• 4 months later...
On 11/8/2021 at 9:40 AM, emrodeand said:

Hey, Tom,

I'm wondering if you found a solution to this issue? I'm having the same problem and received the same response from the TTB. I've tried logging in from 3 different devices with two different internet providers and a hotspot, and the ISP is clearly not the issue. 

Still haven't got a fix from them.  Extremely frustrating.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

I found this forum by googling the error message some time ago. I've been having this exact error since the TTB switched to their "single sign on" thing (I think that was last August maybe?). Either way, for me it's been happening for well over half a year at this point. I've called or emailed them dozens of times. The issue only happens with the Formulas Online side of things for my account, I can successfully log in to COLAs. Finally, we had someone else at our distillery create a brand new account because the TTB has not fixed it. The best I have gotten is calling in and having them "fully reset" my account. Occasionally (depending on who the tech support is and how they reset it) it'll fix the problem briefly, only to resume with issues the next day. It seems like the TTB can either reset your password (doesn't fix anything) or fully reset the account - the higher level techs I've occasionally gotten a hold of mentioned there are several ways they can do it on their end. One of the higher level techs did say that this is a bug on their log in software, however it doesn't appear that it'll be fixed any time soon.

I've heard many different supposed "causes" for the problem - similarly to what other people are being told, the most recent being that it's an ISP issue and I need to call my internet service provider (but anyone with a technical background knows this is 100% not the problem). Also, I'm in a major metro area with other distilleries using the same exact ISP, and they have not had this issue.

Anyways, I can't offer much in the way of help other than trying to get them to fully reset your account (not just the password) - but that is only a temporary fix, but at least you could see the status of items for a day. I have also sent them the link to this forum in several of my help request so they can see other people are experiencing this problem.

In general, I have attempted the following:
  • Completely clearing my cookies
  • Different browsers (chrome, safari, Firefox)
  • Different computers
  • Mac and Windows computer, different versions of operating systems
  • Different internet connections and locations
  • A VPN connection
  • ip4 and ipv6 connections
  • A brand new laptop, fresh out of the box
  • Pairing with my phone and not using wifi
  • disabling cookies all together

chrome.png

safari.png

On 4/19/2022 at 8:19 AM, Maplewood said:

Hello,

I found this forum by googling the error message some time ago. I've been having this exact error since the TTB switched to their "single sign on" thing (I think that was last August maybe?). Either way, for me it's been happening for well over half a year at this point. I've called or emailed them dozens of times. The issue only happens with the Formulas Online side of things for my account, I can successfully log in to COLAs. Finally, we had someone else at our distillery create a brand new account because the TTB has not fixed it. The best I have gotten is calling in and having them "fully reset" my account. Occasionally (depending on who the tech support is and how they reset it) it'll fix the problem briefly, only to resume with issues the next day. It seems like the TTB can either reset your password (doesn't fix anything) or fully reset the account - the higher level techs I've occasionally gotten a hold of mentioned there are several ways they can do it on their end. One of the higher level techs did say that this is a bug on their log in software, however it doesn't appear that it'll be fixed any time soon.

I've heard many different supposed "causes" for the problem - similarly to what other people are being told, the most recent being that it's an ISP issue and I need to call my internet service provider (but anyone with a technical background knows this is 100% not the problem). Also, I'm in a major metro area with other distilleries using the same exact ISP, and they have not had this issue.

Anyways, I can't offer much in the way of help other than trying to get them to fully reset your account (not just the password) - but that is only a temporary fix, but at least you could see the status of items for a day. I have also sent them the link to this forum in several of my help request so they can see other people are experiencing this problem.

In general, I have attempted the following:
  • Completely clearing my cookies
  • Different browsers (chrome, safari, Firefox)
  • Different computers
  • Mac and Windows computer, different versions of operating systems
  • Different internet connections and locations
  • A VPN connection
  • ip4 and ipv6 connections
  • A brand new laptop, fresh out of the box
  • Pairing with my phone and not using wifi
  • disabling cookies all together

chrome.png

safari.png

Makes me feel a little better than I'm not the only one.  I've been going through the exact same thing.  And my timeline is the same as yours except I first noticed the problem last September  I've got a distributor order for 2 new products that I can't move on because I haven't been able to access formulas online for 6 mos.  I'm losing significant $$$ because of it.  Finally got a response yesterday that they "think they have a fix" for it.  Up to this point they haven't even been able to get me access to it.