Labeler problems with Primera 360/362, looking for an alternative

Pyrate

Hey Guys,

we have problems with the Primera 360/362 labeler. Maybe some of guys can provide help. The Primera 360/362 has a small pin that is pushed by the label. This pin is the sensor which checks start and ending of a label. So, now what's the problem: every 10 to 15 labels one label sticks to this small pin. This does not only destroy the label and we have to manually scratch it from the bottle, we also need to clean the sensor pin after that because its becoming very sticky from the label-glue.

I am looking for a similar labeler to the Primera 360/362 without such a pin. Maybe there are labeler that have an optical sensor instead of that mechanical pin? Do you have any tipps for me?

Thank you!

I don't know of any other alternatives other than probably the more automated labelers.

It solved all my issues, same as what is happening with you. No cons yet. I use two labels: a single label that goes on a cylindrical bottle and a front and back label that goes on a tapered bottle.

8 hours ago, Pyrate said:

Hey Guys,

we have problems with the Primera 360/362 labeler. Maybe some of guys can provide help. The Primera 360/362 has a small pin that is pushed by the label. This pin is the sensor which checks start and ending of a label. So, now what's the problem: every 10 to 15 labels one label sticks to this small pin. This does not only destroy the label and we have to manually scratch it from the bottle, we also need to clean the sensor pin after that because its becoming very sticky from the label-glue.

I am looking for a similar labeler to the Primera 360/362 without such a pin. Maybe there are labeler that have an optical sensor instead of that mechanical pin? Do you have any tipps for me?

Thank you!

We use one all the time.   

We have seen this issue with some of the thinner labels.   What shape is your label?  If you can set that tab so that it catches on part of the label that is not flat it will work way better.  

On 2/22/2022 at 10:32 AM, Pyrate said:

@glisade

Thank you, optical sensor is exactly what I am looking for. Has the optical sensor any Cons?

I can't find the Bottle-Matic with Optical Sensor in Europe... Are there any other alternatives?

Check out Ferrinox labelers in Italy. We sell their labelers here in the US, but I believe they have representation all over Europe. Their labelers are pretty much bomb-proof. The FX-10 uses optical sensors.

There are no real cons to optical sensors except if your label is clear. Then it may require a special sensor that is more expensive to detect the edge of the label reliably. Optical sensors may require recalibration if you're switching labels, but it's very simple to do. Takes a couple of minutes. Labelers that use optical sensors are also more expensive than mechanical sensors like on the Bottle-Matic/Primera.

• 1 month later...

Hi Pyrate - we are a distributor for Dispensa-Matic labelers and have a great optical sensor solution to those who are having issues with that metal  pin. The metal pin has been eliminated and replaced with an optical sensor so that no part of the sticky label touches a pin. 

Please reach out to me  steve@crusystems.com or check us out at crusystems.com. We specialize in small to medium sized distilleries and have pricing that's lower than the manufacturer for these benchtop labelers. You can expect to bottle 1000+ per hour. These are workhorses and a staple in the industry.

Thank you!

-Steve

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2022 at 8:04 AM, Pyrate said:

Hey Guys,

Thank you!

We have had a similar issue and found that the sensor has picked up glue from the labels. Cleaning it periodically seems to resolve the issue.