Thoughts on Libdib?

Crux Distillery

Allan,

We use LibDib successfully.  One thing we needed to make it work is we store our product in their vendor's warehouse.  This allow us to avoid FedEx/GLS bottle breakage/costs getting inventory to LibDib.  We load up a pallet every so many weeks and deliver it so product is available when we get orders. The warehouse transfers the product to LibDib's portion of the warehouse for fulfillment.

We have an in-house sales manager that works our market to get orders. I can say we "own our backyard" with product in the majority of independent liquor stores and most bars and restaurants. We were also successful getting into Costco (2 warehouses) for the holiday - but we do all the leg work.  

You have to hustle. 

Kris

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Crux Distillery said:

Kris, are you shipping via Fed Ex, or another shipper? Appreciate your time in answering.

Allan

We drive down 40 or so cases at a time to their contract warehouse (Hildebrandt/DHL) in Benicia CA. Much cheaper for us to pay a small warehousing fee than deal with FedEx breakage and shipping costs - also faster turn around for our customers.  We could LTL our stuff to the warehouse but we have a small van and the drive is a nice break from being in the distillery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 1/10/2023 at 10:09 AM, Golden Beaver Distillery said:

Allan,

We use LibDib successfully.  One thing we needed to make it work is we store our product in their vendor's warehouse.  This allow us to avoid FedEx/GLS bottle breakage/costs getting inventory to LibDib.  We load up a pallet every so many weeks and deliver it so product is available when we get orders. The warehouse transfers the product to LibDib's portion of the warehouse for fulfillment.

We have an in-house sales manager that works our market to get orders. I can say we "own our backyard" with product in the majority of independent liquor stores and most bars and restaurants. We were also successful getting into Costco (2 warehouses) for the holiday - but we do all the leg work.  

You have to hustle. 

Kris

Hi Kris,

We are looking into Libdib also but they require fedex for delivery and there is the safe shipping requirement which would basically force us to repackage all our bottles as the current cases we have right now don't meet their standards. This is a lot of work and I was wondering if it is worth the hassle if we can't move that much product through them. Just wondering what your two cents on this is? I know this seems minor but shipping with fedex can be a pain.

On 8/2/2023 at 3:36 PM, TACD said:

Hi Kris,

We are looking into Libdib also but they require fedex for delivery and there is the safe shipping requirement which would basically force us to repackage all our bottles as the current cases we have right now don't meet their standards. This is a lot of work and I was wondering if it is worth the hassle if we can't move that much product through them. Just wondering what your two cents on this is? I know this seems minor but shipping with fedex can be a pain.

The fedex shipping is a pain. We ended up storing spirits at LibDib's contract warehouse in Benicia, CA. LibDib then repacked for shipping. Less hassle but we had to pay storage fees every month. 

We have recently picked up a CA statewide wholesaler so we've ended our relationship with LibDib.