Headframe CF-1000 frustration.

WMD Tom

First, I want to say that I am in no way throwing Headframe under the bus here.  I really like John, and I think this still has potential, that being said...

We purchased a used Heaframe CF-1000 from a distillery in NY that was going out of business.  Headframe helped us move the still from NY with techs on site to help take it apart and load it onto trucks, and then helped us to get it back up and running in our facility.  We have been banging our heads against the wall trying to get this thing to perform for quite some time now, and it's just one setback after another.  It seems like we are taking it apart once a week to clean out a plugged up heat exchanger, or it pukes over the top of column one and makes a mess of the whole system.

Im wondering if anybody has any experience with these stills that could tell me what we might be doing wrong.  We have spent countless hours talking to headframe on the phone or via email, and don't seem to be making much progress.

Our current process is fermentation on the grain, then remove the grain using an LSS.  After the grain is removed we pump the wash to the still to be run.  We are NOT distilling on the grain, I can only imagine how quick this thing would fail if we tried that.

We are honestly almost to the point we are going to sell this still and replace it with a 2000 gallon pot still.

Any help would be great!  

Thanks,

Tom - Wise Men Distillery, Grand Rapids, Michigan.