1700 Liter (450 Gal) Alambic Cognac Still For Sale, $100k obo

Hello all,

We had a distillery planned that was scuttled due to the 'Rona. We bought a bunch of equipment including our centerpiece, a 1700 Liter Cognac still. The history as we know it: it was constructed in the late 1800's/early 1900's in Jarnac and produced cognac for an unknown amount of years and sat unused for decades, probably since WW2. It was refurbed in France in roughly 2010 and fitted with a new gas burner assembly and wrapped in insulation and a more modern steel exterior. We bough it from a notable distillery that commissioned it's refurb in Norcal and it sits, being sad, in storage here in SLC. It is the last piece from our mothballed distillery persuit. We held on hope of returning her to production but we now have 3 bars (soon to be 4) and have no intentions of building a distillery. The deets:

Producer: "R.J. Bobin"
Year of production: Unknown but a long time ago (pre pheloxora??)
Refurbed: 2010-2012
Capacity: 1700L total
Included: Main pieces: boiler, preheater, condenser,
Other: lyne arm, hat, original valves, connecting arms
Burner: modern gas burner, control station

Pics are a what we have It has never been assembled and is on pallets and wrapped. We have not done a full inventory of parts and it has never been assembled. We do have images of it's sister still boiling wine and some videos. We planned on having to have a few parts fabbed/repaired as needed, and it will need a standing frame or a masonry pedestal for the wine preheater and condensor. This is a piece of distilling history and we are heart broken at the thought of her not boiling juice, so somebody please take her to a new home. Would be an excellent still for brandy, single malt, eau de vis or rum. It is currently in secure storage warehouse at the shipping company we used to move it. They are excellent riggers and could be used for transport to its new home. Buyer is responsible for shipping costs. $100,000 OBO. Bill of sale to be provided, sale is final with no warranty. 

Inquire within:
Sean
sean@waterwitchbar.com
801-463-1503

IMG_20240119_152814.jpg

20190730_140655.jpg

20190730_140659.jpg

20190730_140809.jpg

20190730_140923.jpg

IMG_20240119_152811.jpg

IMG_20240119_152817.jpg

Stills 1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone picks this up I will offer my services FREE OF CHARGE for help[ on install/planning/ any restoration or rejuvenation that may need to be done under the condition that I can run it one time once we have it commissioned! Good luck with sale, hopefully someone picks it up and hits me up!

Cheers,

Slick

• 1 month later...