Production software/program

I know many of you out there are far better with these new-fangled computer machines than I (I still don't have a text or data plan for my phone, just to give you an idea of how behind the times I am), and was wondering if you have formulated a user-friendly, possibly excel or other program, system for tracking production from beginning to bottle. I'm still using paper forms that I print out and before I attempt to devise my own electronic system, wondering if any of you have one. Make me an offer if you want payment.

It really depends on how deep you want the computer to control things. There's an online system, with monthly fee, which as I understand it will record every bit of your business from paying the light bill to billing distributors. Somewhat overkill for small guys.

Be carefull on any type of software. You can spend more time in setting it up and maintaining it than it saves in many cases.

Old computer wisdom comes into play here. The computer is a dumb box; garbage in, garbage out. Don't look for or create a computer tracking system until you have one on paper. You won't know what you need.

Look for a good Excel student at your local business school and keep him focused in on exactly what you want. Flowchart the thing out on the kitchen table for a couple of weeks. Record every move you make in the area you want to track. Then you'll know what you want to do and can create exactly what will help you out.

I know many of you out there are far better with these new-fangled computer machines than I (I still don't have a text or data plan for my phone, just to give you an idea of how behind the times I am), and was wondering if you have formulated a user-friendly, possibly excel or other program, system for tracking production from beginning to bottle. I'm still using paper forms that I print out and before I attempt to devise my own electronic system, wondering if any of you have one. Make me an offer if you want payment.

Hi,

I'm a software developer by day and home distiller by night.

I'd be happy to give you (or anyone on the forum) a quote for developing something useful. The best way forward is for us to talk about what you want your electronic system to do for you. Send me a direct message and we can go from there.

Cheers,

Jack

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...