Questions 4-7

GRDB

Ok, questions 4-7 these are more general.

4th as I am watching my wife pit cherries, there is no way I can do that by hand or pay anyone for the quantity I need. Does anyone know of smallish machine that pits stone fruit?

5th Since the topic of Artisan is up for a size debate what is the square footage of your operations?

6th When developing your business plans who did you A) See as main competition? B) Have as a target market? C) How did you market your product, in the broadest of terms?

I just left employment with my State’s Prison system and saw plenty of idiots on both sides of the glass and am queasy about marketing an Intoxicant.

7th can someone define the process of infusion for me?

Ok, questions 4-7 these are more general.

4th as I am watching my wife pit cherries, there is no way I can do that by hand or pay anyone for the quantity I need. Does anyone know of smallish machine that pits stone fruit?

5th Since the topic of Artisan is up for a size debate what is the square footage of your operations?

6th When developing your business plans who did you A) See as main competition? B) Have as a target market? C) How did you market your product, in the broadest of terms?

I just left employment with my State’s Prison system and saw plenty of idiots on both sides of the glass and am queasy about marketing an Intoxicant.

7th can someone define the process of infusion for me?

Hi. Rather than try to reply with an answer for each question, I would suggest the book Artisan distilling by Chris Berglund. A very helpful and informative book available for free download from the M.S.U site. or I think here as well. Hope that helps a little...Cheers. Nik

I read your other post and I have to reiterate and explain it in other terms. Yes, this is a forum. Yes, we like to help people. Yes, there are no stupid questions, but the questions you are asking are beyond basic and shows that you have done very little if no research at all as there are 3 or 4 MAJOR home distilling forums where all those questions would be answered by the search function. If you posted these questions there you would get flamed for asking them and they would, not so politely tell you to use the search function. You are asking basic questions on a PROFESSIONAL distilling forum. That is like going on a Sniper site and asking what a bullet is.

GRDB has a point there, Absinthe Pete. He IS asking his beginner questions in the 'BEGINNERS' section. Anyway, I think Nik approached the issue more constructively in referring a good source, and I second it - Chris Berglund is definitely an authority on all aspects of distilling, from chemical to process to engineering.

Good luck, GRDB. You have to start somewhere.