First Year Sales figures

Hi all,

I am presenting my plan to investors, and am trying to get a bit more "anecdotal" evidence. My sales projections are based on discussions with a few micro-distilleries. I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your first year sales by the case? Just for everyone's info, I have estimated 800-1200 cases total in year one. Please leave any type of feedback, or feel free to PM me if you don't want them public. By the way, my initial products are light and dark rum and unaged whiskey (with aged to follow when ready). I am expecting higher rum sales, than unaged whiskey.

In the least, please let me know whether you see these as realistic goals (any empirical data is welcomed).

Thanks,

Todd

Todd,

This is entirely dependent upon you, the creativity of your marketing, the distributors you work with, all that stuff.

While 800 to 1200 cases is entirely reasonable, nothing like this is ever a given. Then again, 120,000 cases is possible if you strike the right chord, partner with Cap'n Jack Sparrow, and get Disney behind you.

Good luck,

Will

I am going to go out on a limb and say this number is variable based on a lot of factors. It really comes down to what your sales/marketing strategy is, and business plan.

Some variables I can think of off the top of my head.

Sales force. If you have people out pounding the pavement every day you are going to move through product faster. If you let it happen more organically (direct sales, people coming to you) they will be greatly reduced.

Location. If you are in/right outside a major city center or tourist attraction you will get a lot more foot traffic and support from the "drink local" crowd.

Production capacity. If you are doing this part time, or are using a small apparatus you will be producing a lot less, or you will be spending much more time in producing what you do -- taking away from the time that you have to sell.

Product line up. If you are selling one product you will not have as much as if you sell 2, 3, 4 etc.

With that said, we sold between 500 and 1000 cases. (Sorry I can't be more exact, we switched billing systems half way through the year.)

Here in BC with the quasi-government liquor distribution monopoly, payments to suppliers (ie. distilleries, breweries, wineries, private agents, etc) are published in their annual reports. Knowing the various tax rates, retail markup & retail prices, I can estimate both sales volume & gross revenue excluding taxes for any of 100's of local producers.

Here in BC with the quasi-government liquor distribution monopoly, payments to suppliers (ie. distilleries, breweries, wineries, private agents, etc) are published in their annual reports. Knowing the various tax rates, retail markup & retail prices, I can estimate both sales volume & gross revenue excluding taxes for any of 100's of local producers.

J'ESP,

Whose annual reports, and how does one access this info???

Thanks!