Glass Proofing/Training Still

ViolentBlue

I made a post a while back on the still design we were working on. I've remained silent about the changes its gone through until it had gone into production.

so I'm happy to announce that fabrication has begun on the boilers, the columns are being assembled and will hopefully be ready for purchase within the next 2-3 months.

glasscolumn1sm.jpgglasscolumn2sm.jpg

column construction is a combination of stainless copper and borosilicate glass elements.

4" inner diameter

plates, bubblecaps, dephlegmator and condenser coils are copper

all seals will be PTFE

we will be offering an optional copper catalyser.

Boiler is 304 stainless steel

141L total capacity

120L working capacity

8" manway

1-2" triclamp drain on bottom

3-2" triclamp connections around bottom perimeter for electric element positioning

2-2" triclamp connections on top for vacuum break and over-pressure valve

1-4" triclapm connection for column

boilers will be mirror polished.

entire setup sits just over 6 feet tall.

I still cannot give a final sale price, but they will be in the range of $4500 as pictured.

we will announce when we are ready to ship, and will begin taking deposits.

the boilers and columns will be sold separate as well if thats what you want.

Please email steven@artisancopperworks.com for further information.

• 2 weeks later...

we're looking into a lower cost version done in stainless with sight glass windows as well. looks like turn around time on the stainless might be quicker so it may just be available sooner than the glass column.

• 5 weeks later...

well boilers should arrive in the US in a little over a month.

we're finalizing column design for the stainless unit, and we've finished prototyping the control panel, now its going to be run through its paces.

Control system allows for control of 3 electric elements for heating and monitors temperature and adjusts water flow for the Dephlegmator.

Are the heating elements and control system included in the $4500 price? If not, what's the estimated cost for these components?

Are there any other required components that are not included in the base price?

Also, per your comment above, what's the cost for the boiler alone? While the glass column is interesting, I'm not so enthusiastic about it due to glass being more fragile than copper. (I'm also interested in some different column ideas.)

Are the heating elements and control system included in the $4500 price? If not, what's the estimated cost for these components?

Are there any other required components that are not included in the base price?

Also, per your comment above, what's the cost for the boiler alone? While the glass column is interesting, I'm not so enthusiastic about it due to glass being more fragile than copper. (I'm also interested in some different column ideas.)

hopefully answers to all your questions.

the complete still with stainless column instead of glass should be $4000 with controller and elements. there are still a few bits we need to take care of before we can offer it as a complete package. there will be some wiring involved on your end in order to satisfy local authorities. but for the most part it should be (almost) plug and play.

the boiler alone will sell for $1400

The Glass column is delayed, our prototypes performed fantastically, but we've had issues with consistency of the glass. Also there was no way to incorporate plate disablers into the glass design. we were able to do that with the stainless.

as to whats not included but will be needed for operation.

Bottom drain comes with a cap and clamp, you'll want to ad a valve for easy draining.

top 2 2" triclamp ports come with caps and clamps, at these points you will want to add vacuum break, and over pressure safety valve to comply with your local codes.

the control system we've develop requires a 50 amp 220v GFI power source.

• 3 weeks later...

Stainless column unit #1 is days away from being completed, after it gets a thorough going over and testing, we'll begin full production.

the design is proven, we're using a different factory so we want to make sure the workmanship is up to the standards we expect.

stainlesscolumn.jpg