Blown Glass

You can use any bottle you want.

Just yesterday I saw an actual coconut shell filled with coconut water wine. Had a screw cap assembly inserted into it. It was imported from the Philippines and for sale in a convenience store chain in Hawaii. And yes, it was approved by the TTB, label and all.

I did not buy it.

What's the weirdest bottle you've seen?

I understand the price is more, but can we use blown glass bottles?

Curtis, actually all glass bottles are blown, it just a matter of whether it's done by mouth or machine. I assume you are referring to mouth-blown bottles. There should be no problem with TTB but I caution you to watch for 2 things; seal and temper. Many decanters sold in the gift market are not intended for packaging product for distribution, you may have excessive evaporation. If the bottles are not tempered properly they can be brittle and break easily.

I think it may be a little more nuanced. Can't sell spirits in 500mls....at least not in NYS. Tax volumes may be different for hand blown bottles. I think the TTB requires seals and glass to "protect the revenue!!"

I think it may be a little more nuanced. Can't sell spirits in 500mls....at least not in NYS. Tax volumes may be different for hand blown bottles. I think the TTB requires seals and glass to "protect the revenue!!"

I assumed required sizes were understood by OP. Glass is not required. I'm not sure what you mean by "seal", any functioning closure will do.