Best time of year to launch a new (vodka) beverage?

Michael B

I think time of year is way down there in the list of possible considerations. I'd be a lot more concerned with the quality of the product, the package and label, the branding and marketing, distribution, and a number of other issues.

Like clothing: light and fresh for spring summer. Dark and heavy for fall winter. there are always exceptions especially with marketing, but those are my observations. remember to get through distribution channels and allow stores to order I would start a season earlier than expected sales.

are the parenthesis around (vodka) significant? As in a vodka-based beverage, like EggNogg? Or is your beverage a vodka? Cause vodka is great anytime of the year (I'm a little biased).

Important to stress the "priming the pump" stage of any new product launch. A season's worth of leeway would be the least I'd say you can factor in before the product has made it's way through all of the required channels and is finally on the shelf or back bar. And remember, getting product out there doesn't always mean cash is going to flow back to you at the same rate. Be sure to factor in each tier's payment terms into your launch plan too. Again, every state setup and indiv broker's way of doing business is going to factor into this time frame.

Good Luck,

-Scott

• 3 weeks later...
are the parenthesis around (vodka) significant? As in a vodka-based beverage, like EggNogg? Or is your beverage a vodka? Cause vodka is great anytime of the year (I'm a little biased). Important to stress the "priming the pump" stage of any new product launch. A season's worth of leeway would be the least I'd say you can factor in before the product has made it's way through all of the required channels and is finally on the shelf or back bar. And remember, getting product out there doesn't always mean cash is going to flow back to you at the same rate. Be sure to factor in each tier's payment terms into your launch plan too. Again, every state setup and indiv broker's way of doing business is going to factor into this time frame. Good Luck, -Scott

The beverage is straight vodka- no eggnogg.

I had once overheard that early winter/late fall (before Christmas) was the best time to launch, and summer was the worst, but didn't hear the rationale nor the full context (marketing/sales? production costs? ??)

What ever region your in I would confirm this so talk with local liquor shops and distributors. Liquor sales are highest from September to December then everyone makes their new years resolutions and the demand drops for a few months. Then it starts to pick up and when it gets hot everyone switches to beer. Rinse and repeat. Plan your roll out accordingly.