Water

Okperioimplant

In Scotland, they make a big deal about water source and the changes it brings to the finished product. My newbie question is does it really matter? Is it such a big deal, that when searching for a location you must find the perfect water source?

In Scotland, they make a big deal about water source and the changes it brings to the finished product. My newbie question is does it really matter? Is it such a big deal, that when searching for a location you must find the perfect water source?

well you can always filter water and add things to it

In my opinion ----- If the water is put through a good Reverse Osmosis (RO) there is very little difference between water sources.

Years ago before RO then the water source was quite important, these days I beleive it is more of a marketing gimmick.

A distillery that does not need to use RO could use the water source as a marketing tool

• 3 months later...

I run my water thought 5 cubic feet of active carbon because it is city water. The filter is good for up to 400,000 gallons.

I do not use RO at all. I don't believe it is worth it. Plus I feel the product you make should taste a little bit were it came from. Other wise every thing would taste the same.

Joseph

Master Distiller