Shrink Capsule Installer Recommendations

rumfarmer

I am looking for a way to efficiently shrink my clear capsules onto the neck of my square bottles. I see there are a bunch of wine bottle heating systems that seem great, but my little cube bottle will likely not line up properly. I really do not want to go with a heat gun, so any recommendation will be greatly appreciated. I am not doing thousands of bottles at a time. No automation needed, but I want the capsule to be very straight and even.

Link shows the neck and tamper seal without the clear capsule.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yu3alpqts3gqm8w/KoHana_3.jpg

call prosperos and see what they say, then at least you'll have an opinion from someone who would know, then call around and find a supplier you can afford (the most expensive = prosperos). Also, call the shrink manufacturer for recommendations or the bottle seller, they are usually very knowledgable about bottle finishing. Tricor Braun - winepack for sure would have an answer. The complete winemaker may have a smaller item that works that would be not too outrageous. Criveller would also be an option for advice.

Thanks all. I am not against the heat gun, I just want something to simplify the decoration process a bit. I have a square bottle, a wrap around label, and a silver leaf tamper strip. The strip needs to be affixed by hand, and the label is time consuming to get on properly. I love the bottle decoration, but I need to cut down on the decoration time a bit.

I use the Deluxe Hand-Held PVC Heat Shrink Applicator from St.Pats - http://www.stpats.com/HeatshrinkersRollers.htm

It's better than a regular heat gun in that in that it's more consistency due to the even heating. It's not amazing though. The gun is kinda heavy and I'd say 10% of the pvc sleeves that I use require do-overs.

Thanks Dave. With luck I will be decorating by the end of the week. 2700 bottles a day is way more than I plan on doing any time soon. Really great how well you have done. Kudos and thanks for offering the gun to try. You should put up some kind of avatar for yourself. You've been around here longer than most.