New Distillery

Chefedgardo

First of all, welcome to the forum! As far as your question on which product to start distilling for a new distillery, I'd ask you a question in response:

What's your passion? If it's Vodka, make Vodka ... If it's Rum, make Rum.

Our advice is to build your brand upon your passion and then expand your product line from there!

Cheers and good luck!

Jen & Erika

Fuel NW

www.fuelevents.net

Follow your passion and carve out a niche. Personally I'd suggest staying away from the big 5 (vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whiskey) if you can. There are literally tens of thousands of distilleries making these and thus honestly it doesn't make sense from a marketing standpoint to produce any unless you can find a way to make them unique. Maybe try going organic? It's hard but well worth it, the organic market is really booming and will only go up.

Alternatively, one typically finds success where and how others find success. If this is a business for you vs a hobby, then I might suggest you do what others do and do it passionately so as to impart good quality and heart into your offerings. If at the same time you have an "individualized" product or three, as well as a good story or venue, the "passion" will go hand in hand with the practicality of producing products for the masses.

Good advice Roger. The big 5 market as referred to above is continually expanding. To the extent that distilleries are concentrating on the local market, building the brand and expanding as needed, where needed. Passion is a must, but with every distillery you talk to currently or forecasting an expansion, most start with the big 5.

Good luck with your endeavors.

Take care,

Mitty