Liquor Group bailment distribution

daveflintstone

Anyone have any contact or experience with Liquor Group? They are a distributor that uses what they call "bailment" so they don't have to buy the product before it's sold. I'm wondering how long producers are waiting for payment, and how much product they are shipping for free.

Anyone have any contact or experience with Liquor Group? They are a distributor that uses what they call "bailment" so they don't have to buy the product before it's sold. I'm wondering how long producers are waiting for payment, and how much product they are shipping for free.

The Liquor Group website has a list of the brands they represent. You could call any of them to get info. It looks like they are a bonded warehouse, so you ship to them tax-paid and they pay you as they sell it. So they are a warehouseman who takes a brokerage cut. Very nice and safe: you do all the marketing work, pay them for storage and "handling" and if your product sells, they get a commission! And from their prospectus (www.liquorgroup.com/liquorgroup_analysis.pdf), it also looks like they are gloating about this arrangement, and further, if I'm not mistaken (I have been drinking), it appears that they are trying to patent consignment sales.

Good luck

The Liquor Group website has a list of the brands they represent. You could call any of them to get info. It looks like they are a bonded warehouse, so you ship to them tax-paid and they pay you as they sell it. So they are a warehouseman who takes a brokerage cut. Very nice and safe: you do all the marketing work, pay them for storage and "handling" and if your product sells, they get a commission! And from their prospectus (www.liquorgroup.com/liquorgroup_analysis.pdf), it also looks like they are gloating about this arrangement, and further, if I'm not mistaken (I have been drinking), it appears that they are trying to patent consignment sales.

Good luck