Vendome Copper Condensor

We are selling our Vendome Copper Condenser. We recently replaced it with a new stainless steel version. 

It is three years old and works just as it should. If you are buying a new Vendome still, could be a great way to save a few bucks. 

12” Wide Condenser, 60” tall which is the standard condenser size for most 500 Gallon stills which they produce. 

$3,500 for you to pick up or shipping can be arranged at your cost. This is less than 1/2 of what it cost new. 

Call or email Jon. 

616-450-5649

jon@longroaddistillers.

IMG_1651.jpg.ddb918f78cbbedc2a8616fbe5d4bca02.jpgcomIMG_1654.jpg.1ec9602e2ba05a3dadb9de9f0112aa53.jpgIMG_1656.jpg.9e6a546ff72af1cabbc4f27e17a9efe5.jpgIMG_1652.jpg.b9df3ef347a0d15e89b91a70d02c4404.jpgIMG_1655.jpg.ff260c70e09d62db64b4fa4abe953ffd.jpgIMG_1657.jpg.cbe472f4f8ba1383b4e3749fe75e635c.jpg

• 1 month later...

I might be interested ... but I have to ask, why are you getting rid of a copper tube & shell condenser and going to a stainless condenser? 

Anyway, my normal e-mail is s.gould@gouldglobal.com

E-mail me and we'll talk.

S.

Copper condensers can work fine for certain spirits, but can be poorly suited for others. In particular, anything that produces significant amounts of acetic acid can be a concern (like corn or fruit), since this can attack the copper and form copper acetate, a bluish and bitter salt. That's not a problem on the still side of the lyne arm, since the salt won't carry with the vapor. We knew this, and specified stainless for our Vendome condenser. It was mistakenly manufactured with copper internals, and when bitter, blue contaminant showed up in the distillate from corn beer, examination of the internals revealed it was copper (we had a stainless outer cylinder), which we had remanufactured back to specification, eliminating the problem.

Ostensibly, you can get by with a copper condenser, even with these sources, if you keep strip and spirit runs separated from each other (different stills, for example). The idea is that if you take a cut in the strip, to eliminate acetic acid in the low-wines, even if you get some copper acetate in the low wines, they will be left behind in the stillage in the spirit run. Also, if the copper passivates, you will minimize the formation of copper acetate. Also, some source materials produce lower levels of acetic acid, and are less prone to copper acetate formation: barley and cane sugar, for example.

Hence, it is sometimes just easier to use stainless. But if you are using well-suited source material and proper methods, copper can function well.

• Thumbs up 1