55 Gallon SUS 304 Stainless Steel Transfer Barrels

We have more transfer barrels in stock. $895/each, new orders will include butterfly valves. FOB Driggs, ID

Photo album of barrels https://goo.gl/photos/nfz5WZkWW4aLHVrM8 All equipment can be viewed here: http://www.tetondistillery.com/distillery-equipment

SUS 304 Stainless Steel
Capacity 55 Gallons
Wheels with brakes
Handles
Lid
1.5" Butterfly Valve and Tri-Clamp
Ideal for moving vodka/whiskey around the distillery.
You can reach me at andrew@tetondistillery.com

Just received two of these after waiting much too long to finally order.  These are well done and solid. 

I knew it wasn't, but I do wish the lid was more sealing, to allow leaving spirits in if not able to dump immediately.  But they are called transfer barrels for a reason I guess.  If anyone has modified for containment, what did you do?

fyi if you are shipping to Hawaii add 25% paradise tax.

And Andrew just told me he will send the newly included butterfly valves so I don't keep spilling liquor all over the floor.

11 hours ago, daveflintstone said:

I knew it wasn't, but I do wish the lid was more sealing, to allow leaving spirits in if not able to dump immediately.  But they are called transfer barrels for a reason I guess.  If anyone has modified for containment, what did you do?

You can make your own gasket with RTV silicone. Simply apply a fat bead of RTV silicone to lid, a nice layer of petroleum jelly to the barrel and gently set the lid on.  Let it cure overnight.

Hi Dave, we converted our 10 tanks of these into storage tanks by silicone gluing in an epdm gasket into the lid and by using a lever rim lock when sealing the tank up, both bought from bubbas barrels. We also had a local fabricator add a 1.5 TC fitting to the lid of each tank and added a tri-clover pressure release vent that we bought from glacier tanks. The fire department was satisfied with the modifications, although they are still not technically UL listed. It was a little bit of work, but better for us than selling all of these tanks and having to replace them.