10 yr aged cane rum for sale

Dear distillers. Blenders,, rectifiers

i started my distillery back in 2010 and closed it 2019.  I still have 10 yr cane rum aged in used bourbon barrels from jack Daniels or Sazarac.

There are about 12 barrels of 100 proof left.   I paid taxi at 13.50/g for them so they are ready to go..  They are TTB audited and verified back in 2016.   Top notch quality and taste.  Selling with wood barrel that was stored in since 2010.   Asking  $1850 firm per barrel (50gal of 100 proof). 

let me know soon

amir

231-292-8346

On 2/1/2020 at 6:22 PM, Artesian Distillers said:

Dear distillers. Blenders,, rectifiers

i started my distillery back in 2010 and closed it 2019.  I still have 10 yr cane rum aged in used bourbon barrels from jack Daniels or Sazarac.

There are about 12 barrels of 100 proof left.   I paid taxi at 13.50/g for them so they are ready to go..  They are TTB audited and verified back in 2016.   Top notch quality and taste.  Selling with wood barrel that was stored in since 2010.   Asking  $1850 firm per barrel (50gal of 100 proof). 

let me know soon

amir

231-292-8346

Why did you pay tax on them? They should have been kept stored in bond, tax unpaid, so that they could be shipped in bond, tax unpaid. Now, that can make a big difference in what small distillers are willing to pay for the product, because they will only value the tax paid as worth $2.55/gallon they would pay today. How did you even take it out of bond, to pay tax on it, since it could not go to a reseller in barrel?

On 2/1/2020 at 2:22 PM, Artesian Distillers said:

I still have 10 yr cane rum aged in used bourbon barrels from jack Daniels or Sazarac.

Can you explain how you define "cane rum" for these barrels?

Great question. We were way behind on excise taxes.  TTBs audit in 2016 required we catch up,. We couldn't until 2018 and they went against our bond.  Which covered all alcohol in bond.   Although the I have another bond for the new location we moved to and even thought they collected.  They still required that I hold the new Bond which we still are.  

Thank you for asking this.  

9 hours ago, Artesian Distillers said:

Great question. We were way behind on excise taxes.  TTBs audit in 2016 required we catch up,. We couldn't until 2018 and they went against our bond.  Which covered all alcohol in bond.   Although the I have another bond for the new location we moved to and even thought they collected.  They still required that I hold the new Bond which we still are.  

Thank you for asking this.  

I feel your pain. Not even sure how one moves tax-paid product into a bonded area for further processing. Maybe @dhdunbar knows? We have never figured out how to do it even for wholesale case returns, best we could figure out, it had to be held in a limbo location outside of US bond and still considered state bonded.

• 2 weeks later...