Introduction

Hello,

My name is Christian, and I'm a mechanical engineer with a keen interest in all aspects of malting, brewing and distilling. I have a passion for locally based businesses and would love to see the spread of even more craft breweries, distilleries and malt houses. Each area has it's own unique characters and what better way to highlight them other then in regional spirits. I know the basics of distilling, but am looking to learn more and am hoping that I can add to the forums with the experience I do have. I'm a long time home brewer, and have worked in industries ranging from fuel cells to energy from waste to minerals processing. In addition to my "day job" I'm also in the process of starting a locally based malt house here in Western Massachusetts.

If anyone needs help visualizing changes to their distillery, or building a new one let me know, that's what I do everyday. Otherwise I can't wait to learn, and share my knowledge with everyone here.

I've attached some images of projects I've worked on in the past, one a mini-malt house and second a larger industrial site, all currently operating or soon to be operating.

Cheers,

Christian

christian.stanley@stangl.com

post-861-128155134598_thumb.jpg

post-861-12815513471_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Clarity,

Did Jesse speak to me about you?

If you have Mass. Malt I'm in.

Cheers,

Bob

Bob,

These are the people that I had talked to you about. They have their Malting Vessel and are in the process of setting it up. There is much interest by many for their services. I wish them great luck in their endeavors. I have told them that you were very interested in their malt and supporting local businesses. Talk to you soon,

Jesse

Bob,

Thanks for the support. We will have Mass malt this fall. Trident welding did a great job putting our malt vessel together and we are now in the process of getting our malt house set up. We will be putting a newsletter out shortly updating our customers with when we will have malt available, you can check out the Valley Malt website at www.valleymalt.com, where we will also be posting updates as malt becomes available.

I'll post some pictures of our malt house here when the fit out is more complete.

Sorry for the delayed response, I'm still figuring out the ins and outs of the ADI forum.

Christian