Happy with Tenco Enlomaster? can we talk?

Rhody-O

Enolomaster Vacuum pump joy: The good (?) news is that the issue is never in the same place. I'd love to talk to someone who's had to do trouble shooting on theirs--more global conversation rather than something that would work here as a single question.  Help?!

I have a couple of Enolmatics, I am not sure if the vacuum pumps are the same but if they are I recently worked out a very easy fix for mine that failed.

The pump appears to have a diaphragm and 2 valves. I often use mine for bottling liqueurs containing sugar. I suspect that over the years small sugary droplets got deposited on the valve surfaces and the vacuum gradually reduced. I allowed a small amount of water to be drawn through the pump and all of a sudden it was working like a brand new vacuum pump again. I did not dismantle the pump but assume the water washed the sugar off the valve surfaces.

On 9/3/2020 at 6:14 PM, PeteB said:

I have a couple of Enolmatics, I am not sure if the vacuum pumps are the same but if they are I recently worked out a very easy fix for mine that failed.

The pump appears to have a diaphragm and 2 valves. I often use mine for bottling liqueurs containing sugar. I suspect that over the years small sugary droplets got deposited on the valve surfaces and the vacuum gradually reduced. I allowed a small amount of water to be drawn through the pump and all of a sudden it was working like a brand new vacuum pump again. I did not dismantle the pump but assume the water washed the sugar off the valve surfaces.

By chance do you also use the oil bath vacuum? I'm looking for the best way to clean and maintain mine.

2 hours ago, Rhody-O said:

By chance do you also use the oil bath vacuum? I'm looking for the best way to clean and maintain mine.

From what I could see from the outside of the pump I very much doubt it has an oil bath

2 hours ago, Rhody-O said:

Thanks, all. The parts are all clean and the pump motor is working--I seem to lose the seal in the overflow/vacuum chamber. I'm in the process of checking all o-rings and seals and getting better clamps for all hose ends. Joy.

Eliminate one section of the vacuum path at a time. Pull one of the hoses off the overflow chamber and hold your finger over the nipple, remove the other chamber hose from the filler head and suck on it then put your tongue on the end of the hose and see if the vacuum is held in the chamber.

If it is OK then try putting a bottle on the filler head and do a similar process. If your filler has had quite a bit of work it is quite likely that the seal inside the rubber filler cone has worn out and needs replacing.

One of my fillers wasn't working and I discovered the single bottle we were trying to fill had a small lump of class in the neck that stopped the rubber cone from sealing.

On 9/11/2020 at 3:55 PM, Rhody-O said:

Thanks, all. The parts are all clean and the pump motor is working--I seem to lose the seal in the overflow/vacuum chamber. I'm in the process of checking all o-rings and seals and getting better clamps for all hose ends. Joy.

Every time I start my Enolmaster I have to put own on the overflow container lid to seat the o-ring better. Once the vacuum builds up a bit, a couple seconds, then it's fine. I know some people also lose some suction from the o-ring on the little float in the overflow container, one person told me that put a little bean bag on top of it to make sure it doesn't move while bottling.

• 2 months later...

I dismantled my Enolmaster for a thorough cleaning and hose replacement after 10,000ish bottles. Some of my nozzles are sticky/drippy now and not wanting to close. I'm not sure what I did wrong as its a pretty simple assembly. Anyone have any clues where I went wrong?

I agree with glisade on vaccum seal on the overflow at startup.