CIP in an IBC tote

Birster

Hi,

I am using an IBC tote to store my reverse osmosis water. I am looking in a way to attach a CIP spray ball on the lid to ease the cleaning process of the tote. My idea was to drill a 3 inch hole into the lid and attach a 3 inch TC to 3 inch male NPT and use one of my spare CIP ball. I can find the 3 inch TC to NPT 3 inch, but I can't find any 3 inch hex nut to lock the 3 inch NPT into place. Maybe I'm thinking it all wrong, so if anyone has a better idea or has a working solution, I'm all ears.

Cheers! 

Assuming you're talking about a standard plastic IBC tote, the caps often have a 2" NPT thread on them.  Get one of those and a 2" NPT to 2" triclamp adapter and you're done.  

If you're heating while cleaning, you're going to need some sort of pressure & vacuum relief or your IBC will become a big balloon.  You can also try putting the above cap on loosely enough where it doesn't really seal.

You don't need any of the stuff. If it is brand new 

1. Spray it with warm water 3-4 min all over

2. spray it down with star san

3. wait 20 min 

4. wash out with hot water 3-4 min

5. use it

6. you could ozone it, or use a UV light. A UV light is a good way to keep you tank from going bad if you have water sitting in there for a long time.

Another piece of info is to keep it out of the sun light. Or use a Black tank. It will last forever.

18 hours ago, Dehner Distillery said:

You don't need any of the stuff. If it is brand new 

1. Spray it with warm water 3-4 min all over

2. spray it down with star san

3. wait 20 min 

4. wash out with hot water 3-4 min

5. use it

6. you could ozone it, or use a UV light. A UV light is a good way to keep you tank from going bad if you have water sitting in there for a long time.

Another piece of info is to keep it out of the sun light. Or use a Black tank. It will last forever.

Thanks Dehner,

It was a tote that contained GNS 95%, so we can call it brand new I guess. I will follow you advice and keep it simple.

Thanks!