Anchor Hocking

CountySeat

Is anyone having issues reaching them? We've been using their bottles for years and they are usually pretty easy to deal with but it took about a month to get our most recent order in and they only sent a fraction of what we ordered. It looks like their website for spirit bottles was taken down and I can't get anyone on the phone. We use their Stockholm (375ML and 750ML) and Bordeaux bottles if anyone has a supplier they like that sells similar bottles. 

I thought all glass was basicly the same until i got some the Stolkholm. The walls were uneven, and the lables wouldnt sit flat. Multiple bottles split in half when i corked them. The Oslo is the same bottle. There is one other ive ordered too, ill look it up when im at the distillery next.

16 hours ago, CountySeat said:

Is anyone having issues reaching them? We've been using their bottles for years and they are usually pretty easy to deal with but it took about a month to get our most recent order in and they only sent a fraction of what we ordered. It looks like their website for spirit bottles was taken down and I can't get anyone on the phone. We use their Stockholm (375ML and 750ML) and Bordeaux bottles if anyone has a supplier they like that sells similar bottles. 

Probably only sent you a fraction of that you ordered because thats all they could send you. Glass is in very short supply at the moment.  

Many spirits brands that were using imported glass switched to domestic, so domestic is getting beyond hammered. I'd be quite surprised if a major glass company like Anchor went under during these times. What's probably happening is they're getting so flooded with emails and calls that they don't have time to respond. might have disabled their website for the time being just to hope people don't call?

It's going to be rough getting glass for quite a while.

Thanks for the info - ended up getting through to someone at Stoezle who bought the plant in PA earlier this year. He was great and is working on it. Seems likes its a mix of complications from the sale and general glass shortage. They are keeping the Anchor products it seems but things will be tough for a bit. Just glad I was able to reach someone. I was concerned they shut down or something. 

• 9 months later...

OK - seems like Stoeltzle is making some but not all of the Anchor Bottles we use. Can anyone recommend any good substitutes? We prefer USA made if possible. This is what we use:

750ML and 375ML Nordic/Stockholm Style  Anchor Hocking

750ML Tall Wine/Bordeaux Style Anchor Hocking 

If anyone has found good substitutes for these, we would appreciate the info.