300 gallon FDA USDA polyethylene tanks $150

daveflintstone

If you've never checked out Basco, now's the time. They have a current overstock clearance on these round 300 gallon tanks for $149.99. And they're forkliftable (is that a word?). I've bought assorted little things from them and they have great customer service. I don't see the special on their website, just in the mailer I received; maybe you have to call to get it. The item number is H9-GUZ300-YELLOW. Anyway, if anyone was thinking of getting an inexpensive fermentation or other tank, now's the time. And it's yellow!

Do you think these are sufficiently resistant from leaching for GNS? I know that pure natural HDPE is fine, but since this is colored, I would want to verify. Might be OK for low wines and mashes, though.

A quick google gives me this, which says in part,

"Normally available in two grades. 300 grade and 500 grade. the higher number denotes the density of the material and can improve on performance. The majority of HDPE is available in either black or white although 500 grade sheet is available in a range of colors. which can sometimes help with food preperation or process identification."

I don't believe "natural" polyethylene denotes a color or lack thereof. Actually, I don't know which containers are low, medium or high density polyethylene. A quick call to Basco for those interested will clear that up. I prefer a little mystery in my life...

I just called up and grabbed the very last one. Sorry to leave any others who might have been interested high and dry on that one — but I'm pretty stoked! Thanks for the tip, Dave.