30 Gallon Stainless Proofing still

ViolentBlue

Well folks we're ready to take pre-orders for the Complete 30 gallon proofing stills.

we've had the boilers available for a while now, but the columns should be arriving in about 2 months time. (or less hopefully)

unit #1 and #2 are spoken for already, and we're only doing a run of 6 to start. so if you need one best order soon.

Sale price will be $4200 bare bones, DIY

(boiler, column, 180 , clamps/seals and condensor)

and $5000 Super Ultra Deluxe package

(working on the name, but its same as above, but includes heat and dephleg temp controller, disabler valves element guards and elements, set up for 50A 220v)

stainlesscolumn.jpg

all units are serial numbered, manufactured to IS09000 standards, and registered with the FDA.

Preorders will have their Boilers and controllers shipped our ahead of time, so you can get the plumbing and wiring started.

you will be assigned a serial Number so you can get your Paperwork under way as well.

the boiler

30-1.jpg30-2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

we've got the ability to pre-order yours up on the website now.we'll have the copper catalysers up there in the next short while.

they're due for arrival in Mid January, but could be here sooner (fingers crossed)

several units are spoken for, best order yours quick.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

columns are finished, they;'ll be catching the next boat to Mobile Alabama.

finish isn't as pretty as I had envisioned, because of this I will be reducing the price by $500 for this lot.

They're fully functional, but the finish polishing just isn't perfect.

IMG_6006.JPG

• 1 month later...

Columns have arrived, we have 2 left that are not spoken for.

price is $3800, for boiler, Column, Dephlegmator, and product condenser.

Plate drain valves will be installed on all units as well.

we offer control systems for these boilers, 9000w 2 element (40 amp, 220v service) or a 13500w 3 element (60 amp 220v, can be configured for 3 phase)

prices for these are $550 and $650 respectively, built by our Control systems expert in Canada.

we have some parrots that clamp in place on the output of the Condenser, they will be arriving before April.

Hello Violent,

Sorry may have missed this but why is the plate drain valve connection added? I want to be sure I understand its function. Also, what is your opinion regarding the necessity of a CIP spray ball between each plate, assuming a whiskey or gin distillation is the application?

Thanks!

NIckajack

spray balls on a 4" column would be overkill, its easy enough to clean the column by simply flooding with fresh water from above. one can do this by disconnecting the 180 at the top, or by having a bung permanently welded in in the 180. a little citric acid added to the boiler and a recirculation pump will clean just about anything.

on a larger column, CIP is a must for sure.

the external valving is of course to allow the plates to drain completely, this helps in the cleaning, but also for disabling all or individual plates while distilling.

particularly handy for a pot stilled result. engage the plates and dephlegmator for heads removal, then disable for collecting hearts, you can have potstilled results with very clean heads removal.

• 2 months later...

been looking into redesigning the 30 to be similar to the 60, with the water jacketing and a 6" copper column.

but that puts us withing 2/3 the price range of the 60. it'd be difficult to justify the cost of a prototype unless someone absolutely "must have" one and put the cash down.

it can be done, but for only a little more you can have 2x the still.

Steve

would anyone even be interested in a professional grade 30 gallon still in the 10k range?

I'm sure we can build it for that price range, similar specs to our 60, but scaled down.

but we are a new and growing company, so we got to apply the funds where people are buying.

I may be interested in two of them. I would rather have two stills than one big one for a variety of reasons. If this will have the copper column and the capability of expansion the 60 gallons has. Would love to see the rendering if you have the time.

no renderings at this time, just going through the thought process for a new design, then outline, calculations, design and last a rendering.

got a ways to go before we're there. But if someone were wanting to buy one soon I'd make it a priority.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Steve,

I've talked with you briefly before and we are looking for exactly that type of unit. Would be extremely interested in more information, specs, and pricing. Please contact us when you have more information available.

Murphy & Mike