1.5 Million BTU Low Pressure Ajax Boiler for Steam Jacketed Stills and Steam Jacketed Mash Tuns

Sorry folks, the 1.5 Million BTUs is a typo. It should read 1.05 Million BTUs

Made in the USA! AJAX 1,050,000 BTU Low Pressure Boiler: Natural Gas, Model: HRNG-25, 15PSIG Max, 866lb per hour of steam, Built in 2008, 25 BHP, 1.05 millon BTU input, 840,000 BTU output This boiler will run up to 550 gallons of steam jacketed kettles. This boiler will heat a 250 gallon jacketed Mash Tun and a 250 gallon jacketed still up to operating temp in less than 1 hour. This unit was in service for 3 years, but it was ran very little during that time. It was working great when it was taken out of service last year. It has been stored in a nice dry shop building since it was taken out of service, so it's in great shape. The VP at the company that I bought it from said that they paid over $20,000.00 for it when they bought it new. A service technician can have this baby hooked up and running in a few hours. The manufacturer's URL is http://ajax.sarphi.com/?p=15

You can use their website to find a service center near you. I had a very informative conversation with a dealer in my area. These are the best of the best when it comes to boilers. I have this boiler priced at $4,700.00 for a quick sale. Don't miss your chance! This baby won't last long at this price! I will be delivering a still in Cincinnati Ohio next week (around 7/20). If you are between southern Missouri and Ohio, or no more than 300 miles out of the way, I could deliver this boiler to you for free. If you have any questions email me at paul@distillery-equipment.com or call 417-778-6908 and ask for Paul.

I think the output is more around 840,000 btu/hr. The 1,050,000 BTU is input. You are right that it will drive a 300 gallon system just fine, but it is really a 25 BHP boiler, not 1.5M Btu/hr.

Cheers,

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

When I checked this boiler out, I checked the manufacturer's documentation and that documentation stated that the boiler was rated at 1.05 million BTUs. I made the mistake of assuming that was output, and so when I calculated the size of kettles it would run, I based those calculations on 1.05 million BTUs of output. Now that you have enlightened me, I did the calculations again and they show that this boiler will only run 550 gallons of steam jacketed kettles, and it would take a little less than 1 hour to heat them up. So, yes the output is 840,000 BTUs per hour. Thank you very much for the information. I have corrected the add.

• 4 weeks later...

The 1.05 million BTU Boiler has sold to a wonderful craft distillery in New York State. We will be posting for sale more new and used distillery equipment on this forum from time to time. If you are looking for distillery equipment of any size and type please give us a call at 417-778-6908

Thank you

Paul Hall

Affordable Distillery Equipment LLC

paul@distillery-equipment.com