Applying for COLA online???

Hewnspirits

I'm a bit confused. I've been trying to log on to the TTB site so that I can pre register (or whatever you want to call it) for the COLA online system and am not able to login using my login info that I had been using throughout my DSP application process. Apparently I'm missing something. Any insight would be mucho appreciated.

Here's what it said in my approval letter:

You must obtain label approval on TTB F 5100.31 before you may use any label on distilled spirits you offer for sale. You can file label applications electronically by accessing the COLAs Online link at www.ttb.gov but you must first register to obtain a user name and password. If you decide to mail your label applications instead, the form is available at the preceding website.

It seems like it took a good week or two, and possibly a phone call to get the username and password. Good luck! and congrats on your DSP!

Thanks Ursa Major...... leave it to a fellow Fairbanksan to come to my info rescue!! I lived up there off Farmers Loop in the early nineties. Was back again in '97 to climb Denali. Anywho, I downloaded a hardcopy COLA application and will be sending it out via USPS tomorrow. I haven't been able to find anywhere on the TTB site to submit an online app for COLA Online Access Request.

• 5 weeks later...

Just a heads up.. Once you get your COLAs online login, (and the only way I could find to do this was to mail in the paper application for the online access) you will then need to enable your FORMULAs online access separately. You do not need to create a new user/password, but somewhere within the "My Profile" section of COLAs online you select to enable FORULAs online. This also then takes time for them to enable this feature of your account. They told me it would take four days for me to get access after enabling this option, but after a week of not being able to login I called the help desk and they where able to enable it while I was on the phone.

Good times!

Hi Hedge...Sounds like you and I are at parallel points of getting our doors open. I submitted my paper app. for my COLA online about 2 months ago and am about ready to give them a call even though they tell you not to. I have product in the barrel but it's not much good without my COLA approval.

Hi Hedge...Sounds like you and I are at parallel points of getting our doors open. I submitted my paper app. for my COLA online about 2 months ago and am about ready to give them a call even though they tell you not to. I have product in the barrel but it's not much good without my COLA approval.

It does indeed sound like we are at similar points if COLAs and Mash Protocols for locally sourced PA rye are what you are dealing with! I am hoping to start doing some small test cooks next week to figure out my mash process. How neighborly do you want to get? Seems like we might have some helpful info for each other if neither of us care that we seem to be doing the same thing in the same area.