New Distillery in VT

After reading a lot of the forums I think I am on track to start a new distillery in southern Vermont.

With all the help

watching Moonshiners and How Its Made I think I am ready to roll.

After years of just sitting back and drinking whiskey why not make some.

Hoping the industry will embrace craft and unique products like the beer industry. Consumers have learned what true craft brews are and Inbev knock offs will make money but are not destroying the industry. Blue Moon is just fancy Bud.

While Rappers may dominate the ultra premium vodka market for a few years, it will fade as they think of something new to sell.

Cheers,

Ken

Actually looking to start a craft distillery in Bennington VT.

Want to do actual craft products, some whiskey, Gin, Vodka maybe and Aquavit. Been fortunate to travel a bit for work and have visited a few distilleries around the country. Getting help from a few local distilleries that are up and running.

Curious about others startups and first year of operation. We are stuck on one question. how big to make the first still? 100 gal, 200, 300?

First post was just for others to complain about, hope to get some help with this post.

Thank you all,

Ken

Ken,

Check out Trident Stills, close to you in ME while you are visiting, Jesse can supply your needs for distillation equipment.

I have used his exchangers and he is extremely knowledgeable and helpful to his clients.

I can help you out on the cooling side as well.

Mike

I hope you took everything you saw watching Moonshiners and realized what "not" to do starting up your distillery.

I watch that show just to get my weekly laugh in from those clowns. The Modern Marvels shows are legit and pretty informational. They only show you about a 1/10th of what really happens in running you own distillery.

Good Luck Muckle

Well I have a quote in hand from Jesse, spoke to him last week about a full setup.

Love moonshiners, as realistic as survivor and fox news.

Looking for some information about the first few months of startup. Trials and tribulations of getting going?

Thanks

Ken

Read, read, read and when you think you have read enough, read some more. Usually books 50 to 100 years old or more have the best little nuggets of knowledge. Then take several classes (takes more than one to get accurate information) or work for a bit at a distillery. JOMHO -Dave