Polyethylene hose

nabtastic

black PE

So I'm looking at this PE hose from Lowes... it's about $1million cheaper than the PE hose on TCW... so talk me out of buying it.

How do I know if a hose has plasticizer in it?  304/316 isn't an option at the moment, but yes, that would be ideal.

Its 14 & 61 rated (safe for food/chemical and underground plumbing)

If there's a thread I should be reading, please point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Shoot, sorry, should've specified for spirit use up to 175P.  PVC is rated like a C- in chemical compatibility due to leaching of plasticizers 

This would be a great hose but I'm not trying to drop $28/foot.. 

15 hours ago, nabtastic said:

How do I know if a hose has plasticizer in it?  304/316 isn't an option at the moment, but yes, that would be ideal.

A few ways to find out if a hose has plasticizers in it:

1. Talk to the hose manufacturer, or read their spec sheet, if available.
  2. Talk to the company distributing the hose. So, in this case head down to the Home Depot and ask one of the orange aprons.
  3. Have it analyzed by a laboratory.
  4. Not a way to test for plasticizers, but for other adverse effects: soak it for a week or two in vodka. 

We don't sell a PE hose for distillery use. Regular old PE will likely stiffen and craze after prolonged exposure to Ethanol.

Thanks Michael - I trust your equipment.  TCW is generally a go-to for me when looking for supplies,  That's the hose I'm referencing by the way.  

As for the orange aprons.... from past experience i think I'm better off making up my own answers