Advice on where to hire Sales Reps

We've finally reached the stage where I can't continue to do everything myself. The biggest help to me at this point would be to bring on an experienced, knowledgeable, personable, connected, outside sales representative to continue working with our current accounts and generate new ones.

Where is the best place to find folks like that? 

Does anyone have experience finding and hiring your first sales rep? How did it go?

Depending on your market, you may have some luck with bevforce.com.  Indeed is fine, but you'll get a lot of people outside of the industry.  In my experience, the best people come from personal contacts and networks.  Don't be afraid to reach out to people who aren't looking for work.  Most of the best people already have jobs.

Also look at bar managers and retail store clerks, particularly those who have purchasing experience.

And make sure you have a thorough understanding of their role (i.e. sales v marketing, will they manage distributors or coordinate self distribution).  Also take into account the tools you will give them (budgests, travel, mileage, POS tools, discretionary activatiion dollars, etc).  You can't someone out there empty handed...

Hope this helps...and good luck with your search!