Austin whiskey

New to the forum. Former Colorado brewer turned Texas distiller.  We're hoping to be operational by April 2020, producing bourbon, rye, and single malt.

I'm looking forward to combing through the forum, asking questions, and doing some contributing as well.

• 2 weeks later...

@Bakery87 welcome to the forum. I know Austin well as I built Still Austin Whiskey Co. The city of Austin can be pretty difficult with regulations, If you need any help getting your distillery going drop me a line.

Distillerynow@gmail.com

I'm just north of austin in georgetown.. we are using OPA design for an architect and can't recommend them enough. They have done tons of breweries and did Still Austin. Check them out if you need architectural help. And welcome to the great nation state of Texas!

@captnKB thanks for the contact!  We're already building out about three miles from your place.  We're going with a 500 gallon Vendome hybrid.  The city hasn't quite been a nightmare, but man are they tough on a lot of regulations.  Honestly I think we were delayed almost two years fighting for what we could put in our place.

@maddog I think we're all set with design with Overland.  We're still making a couple of small changes to our internal equipment design, but we're building now and should be up and operational around April/May (if things go as planned).

I'm moving to the area next month and would love to meet you guys and see your setups.  FYI I'm from Fierce Whiskers Distillery 

• 2 weeks later...

Good Luck to you! If you need any advice on your cooling system-especially energy saving equipment- let me know. I consulted with Ed Belfour on his distillery in Dallas about his cooling system and a few others as well.