Another Fire

“It was shocking to run out of our house to see a large part of our business going up in flames,” said Blain Roberts. “We do not know the cause of the fire. At the time, we were distilling water.”

Assistant Fire Chief Daryl Brown said that the cause of the incident is under investigation, noting that the family said they thought it may have started with some overheating equipment in their distillery process. 

There were no people in the building at the time of the fire and no one was injured.

"At the time they we were distilling water." "There were no people in the building at the time of the fire and no one was injured." 

I feel really bad for their loss of property.  I'm glad no one was hurt.

A still should never be left completely unattended, even distilling water, no matter how automated it is.  

• Thumbs up 1

• Im just gonna throw this out there but a lot of still I've seen can't actually handle the pressure of straight boiling water in a still. What I've seen is gaskets blowing on agitators and shit like that. Anyone more qualified please chime in and call me a dumb ass but Ive seen out on my own carl hybrid pot (2200 liters) when you're boiling just straight water in it hard for an extended period of time bad things happen 
  • Thumbs up 3