Is an IBC of GNS considered a closed container?

In our F-1 space we are working through the mechanics of process flow and need clarification on classification of an IBC of GNS 95% ABV. Is this considered a closed container and not count in the MAQ? I am sprinklered thus allowed to manage 240 gal in each control area under roof. 

You are apparently quoting from some specification either in the fire code or building code but there is no difference how it is package unless it is in bottles.  The MAQ for an F-1 that is sprinkled is 240 gallons per control area.  Each control area must also be sprinkled to be allowed 240 gallons.  You may have up to 4 control areas.  The only reference to "closed container" I can find in any code is for an occupancy of H-2 or H-3.  You need to have an engineer do a code review for you.  There is a significant amount of information on this topic on this forum that can be gotten by searching on either AHJ or MAQ

Yes, got it. There ends up being a step more with transfer of received alcohol for storage into one of the controlled spaces from an IBC arrival. Right now, this is how we have to operate. I'm working closely with AHJ, EE and others to tightly line up the process. Dalkita is incredibly helpful sifting through the codes and delivering info. Thanks for all weighing in.