Sample sizes

Guest Bobcat Hill

Guest Bobcat Hill

Trying to decide sample sizes to be served in a tasting room... Samples will be sold to attract the serious tasters, but don't want the samples so big that groups would pass around a 1 oz. serving to share sips or someone decides they don't like it at all and throws most of it away. We're thinking about a choice or combination of 2-3 .25 oz. shots or 3-4 oz. minicocktails for $5.

What we do is charge $3 for a 1 ounce sample, if they choose share its okay...this seems to keep those tasting to the serious customer.....90% of those tasting buy a bottle....we don't make money on the sample but it keeps from giving it away.

Trying to decide sample sizes to be served in a tasting room... Samples will be sold to attract the serious tasters, but don't want the samples so big that groups would pass around a 1 oz. serving to share sips or someone decides they don't like it at all and throws most of it away. We're thinking about a choice or combination of 2-3 .25 oz. shots or 3-4 oz. minicocktails for $5.

We at Colorado Gold Distillery do not charge anything for sampling. The state of Colorado limits times and amounts of samples given out. We by state law cannot charge but we only give 1/4 of one ounce of three products we produce here. We go by the motto "If they try our products they will buy" Coop

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Has anyone found a 1/4 oz pourer to make the sampling easier? Have done some searching on the net and can't find a measured pourer that small.

Thanks

Kent

Has anyone found a 1/4 oz pourer to make the sampling easier? Have done some searching on the net and can't find a measured pourer that small.

Thanks

Kent

Kent,

We had some. The company we had bought from no longer lists that size. I'm guessing they discovered what we did- they just weren't very good. Sometimes you'd get 1/4oz other times you'd get 3/4oz. We were/are more accurate free pouring (with a little practice).

Kent,

We had some. The company we had bought from no longer lists that size. I'm guessing they discovered what we did- they just weren't very good. Sometimes you'd get 1/4oz other times you'd get 3/4oz. We were/are more accurate free pouring (with a little practice).

I get mine from:

http://www.posi-pour.com/

3005 Kishwaukee Street

Rockford, IL 61109

Phone: (815) 229-2970

Fax: (815) 229-2978

Email

TOLL FREE in the USA: (800) 435-2816

Just tell them that you want .25oz and they will make them for you!...They also have a rack with the posi-pours that you can sell in your tasting room!

• 2 weeks later...

Our tastes are supposed to be 1/4 oz, but typically I'll give 1/8th oz. in a 1/2 oz disposable shot cup. I've made my own spouts using some brass barb fittings, 1/8" dia, so that the pour is much slower and more controlled. I had tried multiple standard pourers and they made a huge mess at the bar. They just weren't made for small shots.

• 4 months later...