New Mexico Distillery incoming

I have just started the TTB application process and hope to have a distillery up and running within six months of completing the application process. I am excited to get things going. I have an old restaurant building I will be converting into my distillery with a bar and retail store attached. It's definitely a tough process, but it's an exciting one as well. If there are any distillers within New Mexico I would love for you to reach out to me. I know there are not very many of us. Cheers everyone.

-Cody Scott

Hi Cody. Congrats on making the moves to start your distillery. I used to work in New Mexico as a distiller and there is a great community of folks out there.

If you need any help in getting started Im happy to help. Distillerynow@gmail.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would recommend reaching out to them after logging in to check on the status of your permit.  The TTB has been quick to respond to my clients as of late.

The last three who filed, had received a response with some minor corrections to make within 2-3 weeks.  

If you have not logged into your account I would do that today to see if there have been any updates.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2023 at 2:14 AM, Kindred Spirits said:

I would recommend reaching out to them after logging in to check on the status of your permit.  The TTB has been quick to respond to my clients as of late.

The last three who filed, had received a response with some minor corrections to make within 2-3 weeks.  

If you have not logged into your account I would do that today to see if there have been any updates.

I reached out a day after seeing this and got a response the same day. Had to do a few minor corrections and got my approval on Nov 16th. Overall very happy with the process. A lot smoother than I thought it would be. Now I just have to deal with State approval and I can already tell that is going to be a lot bigger headache.

10 hours ago, Cody-BGD said:

I reached out a day after seeing this and got a response the same day. Had to do a few minor corrections and got my approval on Nov 16th. Overall very happy with the process. A lot smoother than I thought it would be. Now I just have to deal with State approval and I can already tell that is going to be a lot bigger headache.

That's great to hear, they have been usually very responsive when either my clients or I have reached out in the past. If you need any help with state approval let me know.

• 5 weeks later...

Cody, welcome!  If you need any cooling load sizing or general layout of cooling equipment, contact me.  I just gave some advice to a AZ distiller who needed the cooling load sizing so he knew the general HP required to use for other construction budgets.  

On 9/14/2023 at 2:26 PM, Cody-BGD said:

I have just started the TTB application process and hope to have a distillery up and running within six months of completing the application process. I am excited to get things going. I have an old restaurant building I will be converting into my distillery with a bar and retail store attached. It's definitely a tough process, but it's an exciting one as well. If there are any distillers within New Mexico I would love for you to reach out to me. I know there are not very many of us. Cheers everyone.

-Cody Scott

Are you saying you applied for your federal license before remodeling and equipment in place?

On 1/3/2024 at 11:55 AM, MG Thermal Consulting said:

Cody, welcome!  If you need any cooling load sizing or general layout of cooling equipment, contact me.  I just gave some advice to a AZ distiller who needed the cooling load sizing so he knew the general HP required to use for other construction budgets.  

I appreciate it! I'll keep you in mind.

24 minutes ago, Widirtfishing said:

Are you saying you applied for your federal license before remodeling and equipment in place?

I started filling out the application as I was working on the planning aspect of things. But I took my time filling it out. I didn't submit the application until equipment was ordered and plans finalized. But not completely installed. You have to have your equipment list and serial numbers for said  equipment included in the application. So I don't think you could get approved without it.

32 minutes ago, Cody-BGD said:

I started filling out the application as I was working on the planning aspect of things. But I took my time filling it out. I didn't submit the application until equipment was ordered and plans finalized. But not completely installed. You have to have your equipment list and serial numbers for said  equipment included in the application. So I don't think you could get approved without it.

Oh okay. That makes more sense. I thought you meant that you had your permits before any sort of equipment was purchased. 

Technically you can just submit your own serial numbers for the equipment. As long as you mark them accordingly when they come in, there should not be any issues.

This allows you to have your equipment on the way especially if your manufacturer has a long lead time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/15/2023 at 3:26 AM, Cody-BGD said:

-Cody Scott

Congrats!

If you need some unique bottle design, please contact Sinobottles, they have excellent team work for you.   sinobottles@gmail.com   ella@sinobottles.com  yuan@sinobottles.com