Thumbs Up for Artisan Resources LLC

ViolentBlue

wanted to let everyone know, for custom hand fabricated copper pieces, you should talk to Sherman at Artisan Resources LLC. (a friend of but not directly affiliated with Artisan Still Design)

We have a client that requested for some custom pieces, including a copper Parrot, and a copper replacement for the stainless condenser that came with our 60 Gallon Prototype still.

Sherman Knocked this one out of the park, it is truly a thing of Beauty from every angle.

in time I'll update the pics of the entire still assembled.

parrot1.jpgparrot2.jpgparrot3.jpg

Everyone to their own, but, I am curious. Can I ask why one would want a "copper replacement for the stainless condenser that came with our 60 Gallon Prototype still".

Do you think decorative? Or is there a direct purpose?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

She sure looks pretty! I am just curious however, if your distillate enters and discharges both from the top of the parrot, will that give you a precise reading from you hydrometer? Only seems natural you want the product to enter the bottom and flow to the top in order to get an exact measurement.

• 3 weeks later...

Nicely made Sherman, but I was also wondering how well the parrot would work with the inlet near the top.

It must work, so I deduct that the physics could be as follows:

The new spirit entering the parrot is slightly more dense than the spirit already there, so the new spirit will sink to the bottom, as long as the hydrometer bulb has enough clearance.