Any electricians in the house? 50hz to 60hz question

mendodistilling

I did at one point last year, they said they for whatever reason have upto the 2,2 but not the 5,5. Its far too slow for me to use the 2,2. I'd need probably 10k pounds to make 3 barrels or something like that. If I were to take 5-10 hours to grind all the mess I'd be pretty worn out and the help I need to do that would probably demote me to the account's corner for a time out. I'm hoping I can work out some deals with farmers on last day fruit that is not gonna make it to the stores without looking bad, or delicious, however you want to look at it. People are funny, they would rather eat a hard pear that is pretty green than a brown one that tastes wonderful. Maybe not too brown, but I'll take a little brown if I can get the amazing bartlett flavor and aroma.

Anyways, in short answer, no, for the 5,5 they do not.

Generally you can run 460/3/60 US on 400/3/50 (it'll run slower) but to do it in reverse means motor will run hotter and overloads may not be sized properly, along with mechanicals at the higher speed.

It's a crap shoot if the manufacturer can't tell you.

This won't help with your electrical question, but I used several different mills, washers, and presses from Voran while working in Germany and Austria, and it's all top notch and tough as hell. If you're planning to handle a lot of non-grape fruit every year, look no further.

IMHO.

Good to hear, that's what everyone so far has told me. I've talked to Rob @ Koval, I sent him an email yesterday but I will call him tomorrow, he said he can get me one w/ the electrical the way I want it but we'll see. The engineer told me no. He said the two smaller versions were a go but not the RM 5,5. I don't have time to sit around while it pours in slow as molasses. I wanna dump it in using my forklift bin dumper and a guy with a raking blade. I'll have to scratch around, I guess a converter is a possibility but maybe its possible to have it sent without the motors. I'll have to look into that.

What all have you made with these machines?

Best thing to do, IMO, is give it a VFD. I'd recommend a WEG CFW08 for that job....bonus is that you get to control the speed, input can be 360-480 V at 60Hz, and output is variable, so when you set up the drive just set the max at 50 Hz. I've done this on euro source and japan source pumps. Makes them reversible, too. And the CFW has a nice ramp feature that you can program to soft start/stop the motor. A wireless remote is even available, so you can turn it on and off without getting off your forklift :-D

Might be cheaper than the other options.