New venture in Oak Park, IL

My name is Cameron, and I've just begun the process of putting together Widelawns Distilling in Oak Park, Illinois. I've been planning this since about 2005, but really in earnest only the last few months. I'm still in the learning/getting financing/putting together business plan/scared-out-of-my-wits phase of the process. I'm sure all of you can relate. Right now, this is less of a shoestring operation than an "I wish I had some shoestrings" operation. Any advice on financing/funding is appreciated.

I'm heading down to Bardstown this week to meet with some folks for formulating and to Grease Monkey in Louisville.

Cam,

I have a couple smallish reconditioned chillers if you're looking. They are 3 phase, 3 HP.

Phil Casey down at Frankfort Spirits got one like it, only 2 HP, in case you want to see one in action.

Good luck and give me a call if you have any questions.

Mike

678-773-2794

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Come down and visit us in Riverside, IL. We are your current "local" distillery. Have you approached the city yet? My understanding is that Oak Park is very unlikely to ever approve a distiller's license. They have for years not allowed a brewery or brew pub, although I think the most recent effort finally, after some years, has inched forward a little more. Funding is easy, cash in your 401K. Really, I self financed. If you are funded by someone else, they are the owner.