add an agitator on my small pot

jerrysun2014

I wanna add an agitator on my small pot. But the factory guy tells me that the pot is too small which can not assemble an agitator on it. So I search on the internet and find a photo which the connection size of agitator is only 4", which is possible for the small pot.The point is that I do not know what it is look like inside, any of you have any ideas about this design? thank you

post-8730-0-80782500-1415070127_thumb.jp

I think it depends on the copoer . Our Hoga has a four bolt spread, probably 3-4" apart. Hoga's aren't known for being the strongest copper but this is working for us. that pic that you shared seems to be on something pretty stout. What pot still are you mounting this onto? Maybe the factory is telling you that they don't like the idea of mounting a motor (unknown weight) to the pot like this because they don't trust it?

The torque is the problem, not necessarily the weight of the motor, in fact the motor weight is minuscule compared to the torque. The exact same forces encountered by the paddles will be encountered by that flange. It's not outside of the realm of possibility that the flange get torn right off. Most of the time you see additional studs to distribute the load across a larger surface area, or in others, you'll see the agitator mounted to a kind of bridge assembly to use leverage to reduce the torque.

• 4 weeks later...