Alcohol Storage Tank Valve

sailorman9

I'm setting up a storage tank for 185 proof Rum.  Seeking a valve that won't impart a plastic taste due to the plastic seat.  I have tried Nylon and EPDM so far, Yuck!  I bought a used valve that is all Stainless Steel, but it has a bit of pitting and thus it drips.  Would like to find another like this, but I can't find anything like that.  Anyone have ideas?

In the FWIW category, I've tasted many a bulk spirit that's been stored in HDPE totes with who-knows-what type of plastic valve and never have I picked up any plastic notes. On the other hand (and to answer your question), we use three-piece stainless valves with PTFE seals on our fermentation side and single-part on our "moving around spirits" side. EBay is your friend.

• Thumbs up 1

We have sanitary ball valves and butterfly valves with  PTFE seats.  PTFE is impervious to ethanol meaning that it is impossible for it to import any flavor.  You should never use a nylon seated valve with ethanol.  Here is a link to our valves https://shop.distillery-equipment.com/collections/parts-and-replacement-parts/Valves  We have quality valves with some of the best prices in the industry.

• Thumbs up 1