Eye Wash Stations

highwood28

It is at least recommended if not required by OSHA if you have an electric forklift, https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/pit/forklift/electric.html. I'm not sure what other instances require one, but we have one in our still house and one by our forklift charging area, both with the shower. We placed it in the still house in case of an issue with cleaning chemical or being splashed by hot stillage. 

When pressed, our engineer said "or you could use a non plumbed unit that hangs on the wall". We are in a different jurisdiction and I am the last to trivialize safety, but your engineer may be recommending the gold standard, not what is acceptable by regulatory bodies. It may be worth your time to make a call to a second party specializing in these matters.

Note: We sadly don't have a forklift.

If you plan to work with any sort of caustic or similar type acid, definitely get yourself an eye wash station and a shower. Sooner or later something will go wrong and youll be glad to have that shower in hand to save you

In this case I would listen. If you can’t see because of mishap, what happens to your family?

T&S Brass has a great eyewash station that hangs on the wall and doesn’t have to be plumbed. You change the liquid every six months, and it passes all of the OSHA Inspections.

• 7 months later...