Continuous Distilling from StillDragon...

ChrisSD

4 minutes ago, stevea said:

Nice work.   That *looks* like a lot of heads per the amount whitedog based on flow rate.

Stumpy's had problems w/ his hardware supplier previously

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/business/article187541748.html

Yessir, the still is pulling more "heads" than required and we are actually recycling that product back to the beer well at the moment. At the end of the run, the user can concentrate those heads if desired and remove or simply continue recycling. Honestly, we've found that we like the distillate better when we recycle that stream for extended periods of time.

Ya...don't get me started on Corson unless we can sit down in front of a bottle of bourbon and trade war stories over drinks! StillDragon is the POLAR OPPOSITE of Corson. Quality equipment and amazing service.

• Thumbs up 3

Looks great. How are the stripped low wines handled in the doubler ? I see how the low wines go in, the heads and hearts come off, but what about the completely stripped (prob under 10proof) liquid that is left in the pot still/doubler. How does that flow ?

32 minutes ago, Roger said:

Looks great. How are the stripped low wines handled in the doubler ? I see how the low wines go in, the heads and hearts come off, but what about the completely stripped (prob under 10proof) liquid that is left in the pot still/doubler. How does that flow ?

There is a liquid level indicator on the doubler that tells the pump when to send the liquid out.  In this case, I believe Stumpy sends it back to the beer well.  There is a lot of good alcohol left in that thumper juice, likely much higher than 10 proof.  

14 hours ago, Golden Beaver Distillery said:

Price tag for a similar system?

Shoot me an email or give me a call.  We are hammering out a few details.....changes, installation, training, etc....  

Chris

Chris@stilldragon.com

806-206-5861

• 1 month later...